Trial Process U13—U18
Applied to players U13—U18
Roster selections will no longer be based on the try-out format. City Soccer believes that this small window of assessing players, can lead to stress for the players involved and give inaccurate judgement of the players ability. Coach and technical staff evaluations of players’ performance at training and games from previous seasons, will be used primarily to select teams moving into the trial period. During this period players will be training with coaches throughout the month, to give coaches and technical staff time to accurately place players on rosters. Any new players that come to City will be put on training rosters, and they will be assessed over the month trial.
Scroll down to see both Boys and Girls training schedules for the month of October.
Please click the link below to view the full HCSC Trial Process
October Training Information
During the October training month, we want you to keep in mind the following:
- The schedule changes in the week of October 7th—11th only, so please pay close attention to these columns in the training schedules.
- Girls are scheduled to train on Mondays and therefore miss training October 14th due to Thanksgiving. Make up sessions for this will be held on Thursday evenings throughout the month.This is listed in a seperate column under the girls training schedule. Please pay close attention to when your make up session is.
- The sessions will either be held at Socecr Nova Scotia BMO indoor facility (BMO), or the Mainland Commons outdoor facility (MC) sessions will indicate which field you are at on your schedule. All facilities are located at 210 Thomas Raddall Drive, Halifax, NS, B3S 1K3
- All players must wear CITY training shirts, shin pads and cleats during their training sessions. Please bring your own water each session. Players should also bring cold weather training gear (Track pants, hoodies) for when they are training outside during October.
- October training sessions are mandatory for all players wanting to play AAA, AA, or A. Players wishing to play in the recreational B division need to register by October 1.
- All players MUST be registered before attending a training session. Players may be asked to sit out if they are not registered. Registration will open the week of September 9th
Boys Schedule U9—U18
|Age Group||Session 1||Session 2||
October 7th-11th adjustment:
October 7th—11th adjustment:
|U9||Tues 5:00-6:00 BMO||Thurs 6:00-7:00 MC|
|U10||Tues 5:00-6:00 BMO||Thurs 6:00-7:00 MC|
|U11||Tues 6:00-7:00 BMO||Wed 6:00-7:00 MC|
|U12||Tues 6:00-7:00 BMO||Thurs 6:00-7:00 BMO||Wed 6:00-7:00 MC||Fri 5:00-6:00 BMO|
|U13||Tues 7:00-8:00 BMO||Thurs 7:00-8:00 BMO||Tues 6:00-7:00 MC||Fri 6:00-7:00 BMO|
|U15||Tues 7:00-8:00 BMO||Thurs 7:00-8:00 BMO||Tues 6:00-7:00 MC||Fri 6:00-7:00 BMO|
|U17||Tues 8:00-9:00 BMO||Thurs 8:00-9:00 BMO||Tues 7:00-8:00 MC||Fri 8:00-9:00 BMO|
|U18||Tues 8:00-9:00 BMO||Thurs 8:00-9:00 BMO||Tues 7:00-8:00 MC||Fri 8:00-9:00 BMO|
Girls Schedule U9—U18
|Age Group||Session 1||Session 2||
Make up Date
Oct 7th—11th adjustment:
Oct 8th—11th adjustment:
|U9||Wed 5:00-6:00 BMO||Wed 6:00-7:00 MC|
|U10||Wed 5:00-6:00 BMO||Wed 6:00-7:00 MC|
|U11||Mon 5:00-6:00 BMO||Thurs Oct 3, 5:00-6:00 BMO||No Adjustment|
|U12||Mon 5:00-6:00 BMO||Thurs 6:00-7:00 BMO||Thurs Oct 3, 5:00-6:00 BMO||No adjustment||Fri 5:00-6:00 BMO|
|U13||Mon 6:00-7:00 BMO||Wed 6:00-7:00 BMO||Thurs Oct 17, 5:00-6:00 BMO||No Adjustment||Wed 7:00-8:00 MC|
|U15||Mon 6:00-7:00 BMO||Wed 6:00-7:00 BMO||Thurs Oct 17, 5:00-6:00 BMO||No Adjustment||Wed 7:00-8:00 MC|
|U17||Mon 7:00-8:00 BMO||Wed 7:00-8:00 BMO||Thurs Oct 24, 5:00-6:00 BMO||No Adjustment||Fri 7:00-8:00 BMO|
|U18||Mon 7:00-8:00 BMO||Wed 6:00-7:00 BMO||Thurs Oct 24, 5:00-6:00 BMO||No Adjustment||Fri 7:00-8:00 BMO|